Re: [orca-list] I see some interesting Orca freezing with I don't possible reproducing always

Michael Whapples <mwhapples aim com> wrote:
That isn't needed in Linux, it doesn't use the java access API, it
directly makes use of ATK/at-spi. In fact I cannot find the option
you mention for enabling accessibility in the linux version.

That's correct.

All it needs is the Gnome support, which some distributions package
separately. The Java accessibility dependency went away a long time ago, which
is good news - it removes a lot of unnecessary complexity.