[orca-list] Gnome Shell, Orca, and Ubuntu 1`11.10

Hi,

Bugs in Unity have prompted me to give Gnome Shell a try in this system running Ubuntu 11.10, 32-bit edition. The idea of starting an app, or opening a folder, by putting a keyword, for instance, 'mail', in the search box, is pretty cool. I'm glad to see that the results are accessible. I was able to set some user preferences, such as keyboard shortcuts, in this way, as well, which is a good thing, since the menus for options like 'shut down', 'volume controls', and wifi access points seem to be inaccessible, using Orca. Fortunately, my media keys for volume work, independent of Orca or Gnome. Can all these panels and images that read 'panel', 'unknown', and 'image', I assume they're the indicators, be made accessible? Also, the 'shutdown' dialogue doesn't seem to be accessible. I can get the thing to show by hitting my 'power' switch, but the buttons don't read as I tab around, and their shortcuts, like 'alt+s' don't seem to work as they do in Gnome 2. Finally, what text editors are people using with Gnome 3? I hear a lot of repeated reading of lines when using gedit; I know this has been reported.

Thanks,

Dave  Hunt