Re: [orca-list] Draft Proposed Two-Year Roadmap

Christopher Brannon <cmbrannon79 gmail com> wrote:

Another language which looks interesting is Go, from Google:
<http://golang.org/>.
Its creators were formerly employed by Bell Labs.  My memory is failing
me tonight, and I can't find their names on the page.  Anyhow, they're
famous.  Ken Thompson and Rob Pike, perhaps.
Go is a high-level systems programming language.  It has all the
nicities, like automatic memory management, and it compiles to native code.

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1623555