Re: [orca-list] [BRLTTY] Problem with orca and brltty, Braille showing on wrong terminal

Michael Whapples, le Mon 17 May 2010 00:17:59 +0100, a écrit :
On my debian system for some reason when I logout and log back in to
gnome the X server moves up a terminal (from tty7 to tty8). When this
happens on my debian system the Braille output of orca is left on the
old terminal (tty7 in this case) and the new terminal (tty8) just
shows "screen not in text mode".

Apparently Orca doesn't notice the VT change. How is X started? Could
you check that the value reported by

xprop -root | grep XFree86_VT

is properly updated?  Could you also check whether the WINDOWPATH
environment variable received by Orca is also properly updated?

I believe the issue is neither in BRLTTY or Orca, but in the invoker of
the X terminal, which doesn't properly set the session.

Interestingly I don't see this on an archlinux system (the archlinux
system still suffers from X moving up a terminal, it doesn't suffer this
Braille issue).

Please check the differing version of gdm/xdm/etc. that spawns the X
server.

Samuel