[orca-list] Optimal settings on Thunderbird 3 for Orca

Vilmar, you suggested:

"> 1. Launch thunderbird.
> 2. Press orca_key+ctrl+space to activate the preferences for thunderbird.
> 3. There are eight pages, look for the page entitled shredder.
> 4. Press tab until you find acheck box called grab focus on objects when
> navigating.
> In my machine it is checked."

I tried checking and unchecking and noticed no change in this specific behavior.

btw, the only difference, from what you describe on your PC, is that this particular menu tab shows as Thunderbird not shreder as you mentioned.

When I move down line by line on the digest containing our e-mail exchange I make it until tyou give me the bugzilla report on the highlighting problem. Then I get stuck, not being able to read back up or continue down.

Interestingly, if I press CTRL+R pretending I will respond to the Digest of this list, I can move down and Orca will read the entire text without difficulties.

So whatever the problem is, it goes away under the writing mode/screen.

Thanks,

Fernando