Re: [orca-list] Need a hint with orca-customizations.py file

Hi,
Zenity won't work. Actually, I think it is the getoutput() that is causing everything to freeze, and that makes it impossible to get info from zenity and have speech. I think creating another thread for the zenity stuff may be a solution for this problem, but I haven't tried it. Firefox will work fine if you import os and use something like:
os.system("firefox http://www.stormdragon.us/orca-customizations/&")
Be sure to put the & in the command so it sends the process to the background, otherwise it won't work.
If you try the thread approach and get it working please send the code my way, I have some ideas for zenity myself.
HTH
Storm

--
Follow me on Twitter: