[orca-list] interesting version 2.31.6 is better than 2.31.9

Hello all.
I wonder what's going wrong with given this analysis.
I had a few extra irritating problems with the latest stable version of Orca, viz 2.31.9, including the speaking stop when a heading was encountered in firefox.
Even with thunderbird mail reading was getting sluggish.
Basically I had not visited the gnome ftp page for orca since long time and from version 31.5 I had directly jumped to version 31.9, it being latest.
But surprise!
After really getting bugged, I downgraded to version 31.6 and I get so much performance bennifit over .9 along with the said error of headings in ff gone! Infact its realy really good with a few sites which were spoken very sluggishly with latest version of orca.

Can some one explain what has gone wrong in the recent version?

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.