To: "Debra Schanzenbach" <dsconsult1 comcast net>
Cc: "jason" <kb3icc verizon net>; "Crystal" <reikimommy gmail com>; <oreoharp gmail com>; <vinux-development googlegroups com>; <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:45 PM
Subject: [orca-list] usb headphone solution

Hi
I was playing around and found a solution to the usb headphone issue. to use your headphones without restarting go into a terminal and type:
killall pulseaudio
pulseaudio
that should kill then restart pulseaudio. and since I was unsure if it used pulseaudio or alsa I also did:
alsa force-unload
alsa force-reload

after a few moments hit the volume on your usb headphones and if you hear sound in the headphones great. note that to make this work you may have to restart orca also with control shift o. if you do not hear sounds in your headphones go into sound preferences and now your headphones should be showing up as a selectable sound device. so select them and have fun. if there is an easier way to do this guys let me know but this is my solution for using usb headphones without having to restart the computer. I hope this bit of info helps someone out like it helped me out. I just went outside did some thinking and thought about trying that solution so I did and it seems to work. one glitch is when you close the terminal it says there is a process running. not sure what that process might be but if you just close and kill the process you can just be on your way.

Josh Kennedy
jkenn337 gmail com