Re: [orca-list] future of orca

Please,

Which Linux distribution did You tried with Wubi? Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala?

Please, try ADRIANE Knoppix before You will think about Orca, that this screen reader is crashing very often.

I can not confirm this. Orca and at-spi infrastructure is one of The most reliable tools for getting accessibility information from operating system in general, and please try to believe me, I AM using computers til The 1992, i experienced The stage of Eureka A4 equipped with CP/M operating system with 8 BIt CPU. I also used DOS with text mode screen readers, i used Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and all new Microsoft WIndows products finished by Windows Xp Professional SP3.

The only trouble, which Orca is facing is The problem of supporting reliable support for Espeak and other speech engines, this issue has been solved with Debian Linux, GRML and by programmers of Vinux based on Ubuntu.

Believe me please, because many crashes, which can occur while working with Orca can be caused by crashes of speech-dispatcher. Or Espeak with Pulseaudio cooperation failures.

ADRIANE Knoppix is also very goodly faces this issues.

It is fact, that Orca can not run other applications, than those, which are supporting at-spi. But there are many programs awailable.

I have much Linux experience and i can recommend You good distributions, which would be ammazing for You. And You will find out, that Orca is reliable and stable assistive technology.

I AM very sad, that You had so bad experience.