Re: [orca-list] No accessibility In Lucid Netbook Edition!

Hi,

 First question I'd ask in trying to work this out is can you log in on a tty (press ctrl+alt+1 to 6 to the
respective tty from 1 to 6).
the fact that incorrect login fail with access denied makes me suspect /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow are ok,
and you can still login on a tty, unfortunitely, I don't have any ideas for how you can fix the gdm problem,
but google might :-)
If you can't login in on a tty, I would gues that either /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow have been damaged
somehow.  Since there is no obvious reason for this I would fsck and smartctl the disk just to be careful.
In the event that you can't login on a tty you can root a linux box, by passing on the kernel command line
(grub prompt) init=/bin/bash this will give you a root shell from which you can fix /etc/passwd and
/etc/shadow.

HTH
Trev