Re: [orca-list] Require poppler API to get pdf content in text format

leena chourey <leenagour gmail com> wrote:
I am working on evince document viewer, and as explored, evince uses poppler
lib to render pdf document. Is there any Poppler API that can directly give
the document content in text format in place of bitmap?

I don't know, but have a look at what pdftotext uses.

It still won't give you the structure tree from a tagged PDF file,
unfortunately.

The GNU PDF project is planning to implement the full ISO standard, so they
may provide support for the accessibility-related features; I think there is
scope for contributions to this effort.