Re: [orca-list] full-screen magniffier?

From: "Khaled" <k saife bluewin ch>

I have got a handicap with my eyes (low vision) and I use the
enlargement/magnifier-software ÂZoomTextÂÂ on Windows-Vista.
My question for you is the followingÂ: Is there an Application with
full-screen magnifier for Linux-users with low-vision-handicap?
I would like to work with Linux. But the software I have mentioned can not
be installed on the Linux-system. That is the reason why I tried to install
the Gnopernicos and later Kmag on a computer with linux-system and with the
pre-installed OpenSuSE.11.2 Âsoftware. It did not work well. After some
tests it did not work at all.
I would be pleased if you could answer quickly!

GNOME includes the package gnome-mag [1]. Right now you can control it
using the preferences "Magnifier" tab in orca. You could try it if you
are using ORCA.

In the same way, there are efforts to include built-in magnification
in gnome-shell, the new window manager/panel for GNOME3. This will be
as well controlled by orca (still in development).

BR

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMag
[2] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Magnification

===