Re: [orca-list] Orca bug when answering initial setup questions

I don't use ubuntu so don't know if it exists there. I have observed it on ArchLinux and also the fedora 13alpha live media. The initial set up questions are those when you first run orca (orca asks things like, "enable echo by word", "enable key echo", "Choose keyboard layout", etc and at the end tells you to log out and back in). I think the f5 stuff is ubuntu specific and is nothing related to this bug.

Michael Whapples
On 06/04/10 02:56, michael weaver wrote:
every you talking about a ubuntu bug?
if you are talking about it going through the settings in ubuntu lucid then yes because is why i have not been able to use the lucid beta at all and i even tried the sugested way of pressing space every three to four seconds when i tried booting my laptop with the lucid beta 1.

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples aim com
To: orca-list gnome org
Date sent: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 00:48:31 +0100
Subject: [orca-list] Orca bug when answering initial setup
questions

Hello,
I have just filed a bug (bug #614917) which relates to orca
starting
another orca and the orca preferences when you answer the initial
setup
questions.  Do others find the same.

Also as I was looking for somewhere to start with fixing an orca
bug,
may I suggest I try and fix this? I don't imagine it to be that
hard to
fix (he says at the moment).

Michael Whapples