[orca-list] Orca speech rate problem using Firefox

Greetings!

I set ctrl-alt-pagedown to decrease the speech rate in Orca, and ctrl-alt-pageup to increase the speech rate.  These key combinations are not working well when I'm using Firefox, however.  If I try to change the rate, Orca will generally read the Web page I'm on at the same default rate I've set using the preferences.  The exception seems to be when I'm on a link, where the rate I tried to set actually kicks in.  (After the link, it returns to the default.)

My key combinations seem to work properly in other places, such as the desktop or when reading a file using Vim via gnome-terminal.

I'm using Arch Linux.  I've just upgraded a great number of packages, so am using Orca 2.30.0-1 and Firefox 3.6.3-1.  (I think the -1 is peculiar to Arch.)

Has anybody else had a similar problem.  Are there any suggestions to fix it?  Is there other information I should provide?

Thanks very much.

Al Sten-Clanton