[orca-list] Problem with orca starting on ArchLinux and gnome 2.30

Hello,
I was just recording the audio for installing and configuring gnome on ArchLinux but hit a problem. What it is, orca doesn't seem to start on the first run (IE. I just install gnome then start gnome and press alt+f2 and type orca). I am at a bit of a loss as to what the problem is, but here is some of what I tried.

* Just run orca from the run dialog, absolutely nothing seems to happen.
* I tried to see if any errors came out so in the run dialog I gave the command: "orca 2>/home/mike/orca.error" no file got wrote. * I pressed control alt f2 for a text console, logged in as the same user and exported DISPLAY=:0 and ran orca, it went through the set up but nothing seemed to get saved and it didn't seem to improve things. * I didn't have gnome-terminal installed up to this point, so I installed it, still no success (I installed it really for the next one but just wondered whether the initial setup uses gnome-terminal). * I ran orca in a gnome-terminal (can't remember if I gave the -t option) eventually got some where, it ran and now I have orca running fine.

I know that somewhere there was a lack of the gnome-accessibility stuff running, but I thought the orca setup started that as needed.

Any clues as to the problem?

Michael Whapples