Re: [orca-list] New Linux User

Hello,
Currently there is some work to move at-spi to using d-bus for communication and once that is done then it should be possible to connect QT with at-spi (I don't know whether it would require some work on QT to do that). I don't know the exact status of at-spi on d-bus but I think it is still very much under development and so isn't ready for most users. If you feel experienced enough with Linux, prepared for possible problems and have another way to access your system (eg. speakup, YASR, etc in a text console or remote log in via ssh) then this work is called at-spi2 and sources for it can be found on the GNOME ftp server. Please do not install this if you are uncomfortable with anything I have said about it and also I am not advising to install it, you are making the decision yourself and must take responsibility for the results.

My advice is to wait until at-spi on d-bus is said to be ready for main stream use by the authors, hopefully that won't be too far off.

Michael Whapples