[orca-list] First impressions of 9.10

Hi everyone,

I have installed Ubuntu as a Dual Boot with Windows XP. I had a few false starts, i.e. Ubuntu started, but no cigar with Orca. Anyway, it finally started, but I've also noticed the latency and choppy issues that others have mentioned. I have considered removing Pulseaudio, but it is more tightly integrated with Ubuntu this time around and apparently will break certain functions if removed. Also, I have noticed that on occasion, Orca will sound as if it is echoing and at the same time sound as if it is using two voices. Has anyone else had this?

My other impressions are Ubuntu related so I will post them to the relevant list, however, when I Alt Tabbed through some open applications, it would not speak. I decided to check what the visuals were set to and discovered that by default, 9.10 appears to default to Normal. When I changed it back to None, the Alt Tab spoke again.

Anyway, that's all for now folks.

TC