Re: [orca-list] Scanning and OCR

James & Nash <james austin1984 googlemail com> wrote:
I know I've asked this before, but what do you guys on Linux  use
for scanning please?

This was discussed on the list recently; I suggest reading the archives.

Basically your options for OCR are OCROpus, using Tesseract for character
recognition, or Cuneiform. Both are still under development but already quite
promising according to the reports that I've read, and already usable despite
not having reached 1.0 yet.