Re: [orca-list] Audio Editor

Hi Nimer,

using command line tools from the gnome-terminal works very well for me.

For example using arecord, (if you are using alsa)
you can set the recording options etc, this creates a wave file.
Instead of outputting the wavefile, you can pipe it directly to lame
(for mp3s, or oggenc for ogg-vorbis files.

As for cutting things up, sox works very well.
sox infile.wav outfile.wav trim starttime duration
or: trim the start, output from starttime to the end of the recording.
sox infile.wav outfile.wav trim starttime
or trim from start to somewhere in the middle
sox infile.wav outfile.wav trim 00:00 duration.

if this sounds like it might work for you, then having a look at the
manpages for arecord, and sox would show you what options are available
to you.

Sorry, i dont know the name of the recorder for pulse audio.

Hope this might be of help.

-Jon