Re: [orca-list] Flag day for Orca

On 06/01/2009 11:03 AM, Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Lorenzo:

Please try the latest sources from git master and let me know if these things have been fixed.

> thing is the announcement of a column header, not to mention the fact
> that it appears to be the wrong one, since the message is not starred
> and only has an attachment. However, this has been going on for some
> time

When you say "this has been going on for some time", do you know when the behavior started? Did it happen before the refactor? If so, do you know approximately when?

Mentioning "starred" when there is an attachment began back when the problem of correctly speaking the newly selected message after deleting a message in the mailbox list was fixed--many months ago. It was mentioned on the mailing list, but I guess that the person who did so never filed a bug. When there isn't an attachment, then "subject" is spoken just before the subject is spoken, but no other headers are spoken.

If I remember correctly (a little fuzzy), the solution to speaking the updated message was to ensure that a cell in the table always had content so that a change in the content could be detected, causing a speech event. Just a guess, but I'm guessing focusing the cell is causing the header to be spoken.

Hope this helps,

dave