Re: [orca-list] Keybindings for ARIA landmark roles

hi will,
On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 11:23 -0500, Willie Walker wrote:
The thinking of the ARIA folks is that this is a chicken-and-egg
problem: if screen readers don't support landmarks, then landmarks won't
get used.  But, if screen readers support landmarks, then users will see
the value and request more and more content providers use them.

Will

I second your view Will,
You see, there is a rise of awareness about accessibility on the web.
since WCAG has enough guidelines which people follow, it is necessary
that screen readers avail such facilities so that they become proofs of
concept.

If a screen reader like orca implements landmark navigation then we can
tell content developers that "provided the content uses landmark, the
screen reader we use gives better access to your content ".

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.