[orca-list] Orca and Acrobat Reader not cooperating

Hi List
I'm experiencing this in both Ubuntu 8.10 and the 9.04 alpha. I've tried both the packages from Adobe and those from the Medibuntu repositories with the same result. When I launch Acrobat reader the first time, I can accept the license agreement. When I do so, however, Orca no longer speaks. Relaunching Orca doesn't help, and the only thing that does is killing the Acrobat reader process. From then on, launching Acrobat reader triggers this. I've had the screen looked at and can verify from my system's behavior that nothing is locked, including Acrobat reader itself. It seems almost as though Acrobat reader is somehow blocking accessibility information from getting to Orca, though I'm not sure if that's even possible. I can do nothing with Orca until the acrobat reader process is killed, but my system operates normally in every other way. One interesting fact, and no idea if it's relevant, but I need to send a sigkill to the acroread process, simply using the kill command is not enough. This is with Acrobat reader 8.1.3, is there another version I should use? Or is something else happening? Any ideas?

Thanks

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams