Re: [orca-list] Short Jaunty alpha-3 impressions

Dear List!

Jacob, it is very interesting. I not trying Jaunty with virtual machine,
I using normal boot method and choosing screen reader with f5 key and 3
down arrow.
My desktop machine config:
Motherboard: Asus MPV-mx motherboard
Cpu: Athlon64 X2, 3800+
Ram: 2 GB
Chipset: Nvidia Geforce 6100
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 6100 (integrated, 128 MB
Sound card: Creadive Audigy LS

If enabling proprietary driver, the device manager installing Nvidia
graphics driver, and 3d is work, but I not tryed Jaunty yet.

All home machines I using Gnome-speech driver and Espeak synth, I not
using speech-dispatcher.

My notebook video card natively supported, 3d is work, the type is Intel
Gma 3100.
I like this notebook, because not need any proprietary driver and oldest
Ubuntu versions works out of the box.
If I not using Orca screen reader, Jaunty is very very fast.
The sound problem (missing snd-pcm-oss and snd-mixer-oss modules) I hope
is fix in alpha4, my bugreport get a tryaged state.
I hope fixing with final version this latency problem present my
machines with gnome-speech.

Attila