Re: [orca-list] Problems with Skype

Hi james, I have noticed that skype works with alsa only at least in my case. I have used skype successfully on hardy as well as intrepid. you can try one thing here. go to the account preferences of pidgin i.e pidgin skype account. move to the advanced tab and select no proxy in the appropriate combo box. while you are creating the skype account in pidgin and as soon as you hit enter on save you should get the skype api dialogue asking you to confirm the use of the pidgin plugin.
try these things and tell us if it works.
Thanks,
Aruni.