Re: [orca-list] Installing tar.gz files

Hi James:

If you're talking about the orca tar.gz files at http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/orca/, then these are just source tarballs. You build them very similarly to how you build sources from svn, except you run ./configure instead of ./autogen.sh.

In addition, the tar.gz files are always going to be behind the SVN sources since the tar.gz files represent a snapshot in time.

Hope this helps,

Will

James & Nash wrote:
Hi folks,
I already use Orca from SVN, but what if I only want to install the latest Orca from the tar.gz file. I know how to open the tar.gz file in the terminal but where does the installation file go please and what is it called? I assume then tha I use the dpkg command to install the Orca installation. Thanks James