Doesn't quite sound like what I was describing, there is no dialog box which isn't getting focus, the dialog is certainly in focus as doing actions with the keyboard lead to the results I would expect if the dialog is in focus (eg. pressing space to activate the send but in the send confirmation dialog, or pressing shift+tab and then space in the same dialog). It seems either the focus isn't being reported to orca or orca is not responding to the report of the focus. All that pressing alt+f6 in my case does is make orca actually report the focus, as I said if you know the dialog and could perform the action without orca's feedback then you don't need to press alt+f6.

Also when you say the problem has been known for some months, what version does that relate to, thunderbird 3.0a3 did not show the problem. I haven't noticed it in firefox, may be its because I am using stable releases there (firefox 3.0.5), again what version of firefox is it meant to have started showing itself?

Michael Whapples

On 23/12/42 20:59, David E. Price wrote:

This problem has been known for several months. It occurs in both Thunderbird and Firefox. I believe it was Hermann who filed a bug with Mozilla about this problem.

Also, pressing Alt-F6generally will get focus into the unfocused dialog box.

dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Whapples" <mwhapples aim com>
To: "orca" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:20 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Possible bug with orca and thunderbird 3.0b1

Hello,
I have filed a bug report for this, it can be found in the gnome bugzilla system as bug 567855.

Michael Whapples

On 15/01/09 12:32, Jose Vilmar Estacio de Souza wrote:
Hi Michael and all.
This is confirmed as described.
I've noticed that the dialog is read switching to another application pressing alt+tab and then pressing alt+tab again to return to the dialog,