Re: [orca-list] New ubuntu installation, first experience with orca. help.

Hi Nektarios:

I leave in Greece and I need Greek language support. So I chose the Greek layout and Greek as the main language of the system. After the installation and restart,ubuntu booted fine and Orca came up speaking Greek like a native! <smile>

Yeah!

However,although I am able to navigate around with no problem, the Orca keyboard commands don't seem to work. For example, pressing insert+f1 does not go to the help mode. Other commands such as insert+left or right arrow or the flat review mode don't work also. If I press and hold down the insert, Orca repeats insert continuously. I use the desktop keyboard layout because I am able to emulate the insert key by either holding down the FN key and pressing the m key, or through the dedicated insert key that is available.
I also tried the laptop layout with the same results.
Insert+q seems to work though. What is the problem? Is it the Greek keyboard layout or something related to the language?

Hmmm....you might have a pointer to an old version of the documentation. The learn mode functionality is Insert+h and the Insert+{left,right} bindings are no longer bound to speech functions.

You can find a more recent version of the keyboard command documentation here: http://live.gnome.org/Orca/KeyboardCommands.

Hope this helps!

Will