Re: [orca-list] Latency reduction: get a snappier orca without removing pulse.

Nolan Darilek <nolan thewordnerd info> wrote:
Like it or not, and I've done enough research to realize that there's
quite a large "not" contingent out there, it looks as if pulse is here
to stay.

It should be noted that Debian (and possibly other distributions) do not
even install it by default. Whether it is here to stay depends on your
distribution's policy. For example, Jackd remains the preference for users of
audio recording software due to its excellent real-time behaviour.

Pulse Audio is also said to have been improved recently to reduce latency (I
think I read this in a Fedora 10 new features document).

Whether to remove it (or not to install it in the first place) is the user's
decision to make, as with everything in Linux. Nobody's forcing anybody to use
(or not use) anything.