Re: [orca-list] Determining ,m5u ,%ortcuts1 and Flat Review Toggle

Hi Kevin:

Thanks, Will, for the info on the access keys.  I should have thought
about "Where Am I."

Heh - no problem. It's a new system. Ideally it should "just work" and present you with the information you need without require you to think about it. That is, I think it is more important for you to accomplish the real task at hand (e.g., getting your job done) versus needing to figure out which knob to turn and which button to push.

I understand review mode and real focus.  I've been a JAWS user for a
long time.  What I don't understand is what the flat review toggle key
does, as it seems that the number pad arrow keys always do flat review,
and the minus key doesn't seem to have any effect that I can see.

All it really does is tell Orca to do the work to turn flat review on or off. Turning flat review on involves an expensive computational analysis of the text in the window. In effect, however, KP_5 does just about the same thing as turning it on via KP_Minus. Once flat review is on, pressing it *should* take you right back to the object that current has focus.

  Also,
shouldn't I be able to review away from the focus cursor when I'm in
menus as well, in order to check spellings of menus I don't understand,
or am I expecting functions outside if what was intended?

That might be a bug. :-( I'll check, but I think flat review currently just reviews the active window and not any other transient things such as menus.

Will