[orca-list] Orca and user interfaces

Hi All,

I am quite new to developing accessible user interfaces for use with
Orca. I am currently developing a linux wrapper for the Microsoft Speech
Engine SAPI 5 which is almost ready for the alpha release.

I am planning to initially integrate through speech dispatcher and run
Orca as a test app to see if the systems performance is good enough. I
want to create a SAPI configuration front end app and was wondering what
is the best way for Orca. I have used tcl for the background scripting.

I have come across Gnocl has anyone tested this with Orca and or
developed accessible applications?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and if there are any users
that want to dust off their SAPI speech engines from the shelf and try
them out under Linux i would really appreciate some testers at the end
of Jan. I will post details of the project and install process when they
are uploaded.

The system requires wine and an installation of a speech engine but i
will be providing the standard Windows XP voices as an automatic
installer. If you want to test your own i would really appreciate the
results.

I am particularly interested in users who are using non-english
installations as this project benefits them the most by adding a greater
choice of speech engines for Linux.

Tom