Re: [orca-list] Vinux 1.3 Released!

Hi Luke,

If you are the maintainer of pulseaudio under ubuntu you can perhaps
make some changes to it:
Is it possible to start pa through init?
Advantages:
console apps like speech-dispatcher sbl brltty yasr can be
launched without running the whole gnome desktop.

In my opinion you can completely drop pulseaudio package but I think this isn't
possible.

It is really interesting to see that most of the distributor
are using pulseaudio which makes more trouble than using direct alsa.
Opensuse has allmost the same problems like ubuntu regarding sound configuration.

egards