Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:33:31 -0500
From: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc MIT EDU>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Strange behavior with trunk Orca and Firefox
    3.0.6
To: <orca-list gnome org>, "Nolan Darilek" <nolan thewordnerd info>

I think the problem is that you updated atk, gail, and atspi. I've done this
many times, and it inevitably leads to an unstable Orca - odd behaviors that
others can't duplicate. For example: crashing when opening the Orca
preferences GUI, or crashing when trying to read the Orca key bindings
table.

I've reconstituted my virtual machine yet again with intrepid, and done the
following:
1. install the system;
2. do a full upgrade:
apt-get update; apt-get upgrade;
3. pulled the latest orca from svn trunk and built/installed it;
4. added voxen.

I've not tested it thuroughly, but it seems to behave much better than other
Orca's I've built.

Hope this helps.
-- Rich