[orca-list] I'm having trouble with orca and update manager

Hi, When I run update-manager it works fine to the point of getting the list of updates.
After I enter my password I loose all speech. This is fine because speech use to return after it gets the
list.
But now as of the past two weeks speech never returns. I can run Orca and at that time I get speech again and
can tell it to install updates.
Would there be a way to get Orca to reload itself in cases like this. I think voice over in the mac
operating system has this feature. I know we can use the terminal to install updates, but new users will in
most cases want to use the desktop.
Mike.