[orca-list] wish to use festival with orca but have some doubts

hello all,
I want to try out using festival with orca.
As you all (well almost all ) know that I am involved on government
and corporate level for policy making for accessibility and employment
of visually disabledm I am looking for better quality voice output and
performance as well.
I have the following few questions which would help me take a decision.
1, There are many categories of voices which come with festival, which
are the best sounding once and also free at the same time?
2, Will festival work directly with gnome-speech or will I have to use
speech-despatcher?
3, Any users of festival hindi voices?
4, Are british voices much developed or do american voices provide
better quality?
5, I notice that after instaling festival and a few festvox voices,
festival does not work on ubuntu, has any one faced this problem?
 I would be happy if some one explains step by step method of linking
orca with festival if it is worth trying?
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.