Re: [orca-list] Orca crashes in latest version of Ubuntu.

On 5/22/08, Josh Andrews <orangeb 101 gmail com> wrote:
High everyone.  I've noticed that Orca crashes about every half hour
in the latest version of Ubuntu.  I'm running an Acer lap top with
both Windows XP and Ubuntu installed.  Could anyone give me step by
step instructions from a complete newby to Linux's perspective?
Thanks a lot,

Josh.

Well, folks I'm sort of a newb here with linux-orca and what I have
found to decrease if not eliminating crashes,is to go to the system
menu, locate preferences, then under the screen saver selection which
I press enter on, unchecking the box that asks if you want to use the
screen saver when the computer is idle. I must admit to having
problems when I am listening to music or an audio book where the sound
card goes nuts. I have enabled alsa on the services menu, but have my
doubts as to whether the configuration is set up correctly. Having
crashed while composing this mail with alsa on and off, I now believe
we can rule out alsa perhaps. I'm running an autigy2 creative labs
product, and and at no fixed time it will begin studdering at which
point we experience a complete system lock up. I am using gnome speech
manager. Any suggestions as to where I should begin looking for
solutions as well as extra reading material would be appreciated. I am
also using ubunto 8.04.