[orca-list] Accessibility extension (was Re: Thoughts on a "list of elements" feature for Orca) in Firefox

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 10:37:11AM -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
I'm curious if anyone has tried Jon Gunderson's Firefox Accessibility
Extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5809

I have it running here with Firefox 3 beta 5. The author had to send me an
updated version rebuilt to run on beta 5, as the version of the extension
posted on the Web site was restricted to earlier beta releases of Firefox.
The new version may have been posted now.

Incidentally, the versions of Firefox with which the extension can be run are
specified in XML elements in a document included as part of the extension.
After firefox 3 is released and this element is updated, there should no
longer be versioning problems - at least until Firefox 3.1 betas come out.

Now to the substance of the matter: the accessibility extension can present a
list of links on the page, but I find it rather confusing to navigate with
Orca. It is also possible to get a list of headings, and a list of form
elements.

I'm sure the authors of the extension would value suggestions for improving
its value as an accessibility tool; my impression is that it was primarily
designed to assist Web content authors in evaluating the accessibility of
their sites.