Re: [orca-list] Orca performance observations in Firefox

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:07:00PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
The missing feature, imho, is to skip saying things. If the user presses
down arrow several times quickly, all text in the intervening lines
should be skipped--not spoken.

It skips some of the lines, but not all. There appears to be a timing problem
here. Given the Orca -> Gnome-Speech -> eSpeak chain that I described, there
is plenty of interprocess interaction going on, somewhere amid which we aren't
cancelling speech as new key events arrive. The key events are being processed
by Orca, not just queued, as evinced by the behaviour of the braille display,
which is ahead of the speech by a number of lines after 9 or 10 cursor
movements.