Re: [orca-list] Orca and Administration in Ubuntu 8.04 steps.

hi.
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:48:20AM +0100, Alastair Irving wrote:
Hi

I'm not sure I agree with some of your permision changes.  In particular,
doesn't putting /etc/sudoers to 777 make it readable writable and executable
by everyone?  Then, since sudoers controls who can do what with sudo, surely
anyone can gain root access just by modifying the file?

My appologies if i'm missing something obvious.

Alastair

no, you are correct.  This is dangerous advice that should be avoided at all costs.
If you are a new user to Linux who doesn't understand the directions on the ORca wiki, you would do better
learning about what you don't understand than following this advice.
linux is free in the fact you don't pay for it, but it isn't really free because running it will require you
to learn a lot of new ideas and methods of doing things.  If you don't have the time to learn a lot of new
ideas, maybe Linux isn't for you.

          Kenny