Re: [orca-list] OT: brltty question

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Chris Norman wrote:

I am trying to get contracted braille on my Ubuntu 8.04 system. I am
english and use grade 2 braille.
What do I have to edit to achieve this? I played with some of the values
in brltty.conf (in /etc), but it's still not working.

In text mode: select your contraction table from the preferences menu and also adjust the braille table setting to 6-dot not 8-dot.
That will get braille working in a text-console.

To get grade 2 working in a graphical interface (with orca), you must install another library and make some small changes to orca. If you google for 'grade 2 braille with orca' it should give you some useful results.
Sorry, don't have the url handy.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/