[orca-list] emacs not working well even under gnome-terminal

Hi.  I tried emacs -nw and it did read the window, and I loaded vm
which is one of the mail readers I use, but strange things happen when
I was typing a mail message -- it would read one or more lines below
the line I was typing on, whenever I typed a character.  I don't have
a clue as to why this is happening, I wonder if the cursor is doing
something briefly which causes this -- is there a settling time if
this is a momentary change?

Thanks.

How do
you spend it?