From: David E. Price [mailto:deprice cs utah edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:49 PM
To: Alonzo; 'Michael Ryan'; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] testing Thunderbird

Hi,

I'm puzzled.  (I'm a version behind you, running Gutsy, 32-bit.)  I'm not an

Orca developer, but I'm pretty sure that gail is needed for Orca to run
properly.  So, the library should be in the load path.  Just out of
curiosity, is that path in the error message where your libgail.so file is
located? You can find it using (at a terminal prompt):

find /usr -name libgail.so -print

I know that mine is in /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libgail.so.

I'm afraid that someone who knows the internals of Linux better than I do
needs to help you.  Good luck,

dave