Re: [orca-list] recommended text to speech engine other the ne-speak

Michael Whapples writes:
Hello,
Any of the commercial synths you will be restricted to what
architectures they have binaries for. I think Viavoice on Linux is only
i386 (so I think applies to both voxin and ttsynth). I think dectalk is
available for x86-64 platforms. I don't know about cesptral.

True. However, it doesn't follow that the i386 software will not work on
x86_64. In fact it does. I'm using it now.

PS: This circumstance isn't unique. It happens that the x86_64 Firefox
isn't working with Orca (as I've previously reported). Consequently, I
use the i386 Firefox on my x86_64 system.

Janina