Re: [orca-list] Text attributes

It should work with gedit, though. Can you try updating to a newer
version of Orca? It would be ideal if you could work with the latest
stuff if possible.

Yes, I'd really like to update to the latest version but was wondering about some instructions in the readme file of the orca package saying one should just install the orca version according to his desktop version. So I thought if I am using gutsy I can only use 2.20.x, wrong? Of course it would be nice to always use the latest stuff ... and always make use of the newest features / bugfixes etc..

Getting to Hardy would be good if you could. From there, you can semi-reliably update to the latest Orca code.

Also I don't exactly know where to find the version of the desktop. Default was 2.20. But of course I could have received a newer version by updateing ubuntu ... and just don't know it :-)

gnome-about --version should tell you what you have.

Hope this helps!

Will