[orca-list] speech dispatcher

Hello list,
My name is Alonzo. I've been using ubuntu for about a week and rather
enjoy it. I thought I would try linux and see how I woudl fair. So far,
it seems to be a good experience.
I'm having trouble installing speech dispatcher or perhaps
getting to work. I've installed everything successfully from the
sinaptecs package manager. Then, when I go to the terminal and type hte
command "spd-say" and hte the text I wanted spoken to me the terminal
says
client: speech dispatcher Failed to open: connection refused.
Please advice me what to do.

Alonzo