Re: [orca-list] Orca continiously talking?

Hi Tristan,
I am glad you pointed this out because exactly the same problem happens when you configure Orca for the first time. For some unknown reason, ESpeak cannot be stopped until it recites all available languages. I remember this problem going on since Ubuntu 7.04 or perhaps even earlier.

Thoughts?
Vic

tristan acegamesonline net wrote:
Hello,
I am new to Ubuntu and Orca, and was wondering why when I hit the alt+f2 keys and typed orca, orca wouldn't let me choose what voice/language to use with it. E-Speak just kept rambling on about 100 or so different voices or languages that it could be in, and I could only make it stop by hitting alt F2 again and typing the kill command for orca (orca -q). What could I be doing wrong?

Regards,
Tristan Bussiere
- Head Developer, and founder/owner of Accessible Computer Entertainment Games.

ACEGamesOnline.net - Accessible Computer Entertainment Games' Website. <http://www.acegamesonline.net/>

    Contact info:

    Skype: Add me to your skype contacts. <skype:tristanbussiere?add>
    Skype me (tristanbussiere) <callto://tristanbussiere/> Add the
    ACEGames support team skypeline to your skype contacts.
    <skype:acegamessupport?add> Skype ACEGames (acegamessupport)
    <callto://acegamessupport/>

    E-mail: Email me. <mailto:Tristan ACEGamesOnline net?subject=Hello>

    MSN: Add me to msn. <msnim:add?contact=Tristan ACEGamesOnline net>