Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher crasing

Peter Vágner wrote:
Since I have started using speech-dispatcher as a speech system for orca
I am getting frequent crashes which I can't understand. Speech-dipatcher
stops listening to the connections and it can't even be restarted. I can
fix that by setting the log level to 5.

This is a known issue on SMP systems.  It is, however, very strange that
you can't restart SD.  Are you invoking /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher
restart as root?  Do you get any error message indicating why it can't
be restarted?  Orca should start speaking again immediately after
restarting dispatcher.

Best regards, Tomas