Re: [orca-list] Using Orca with Braille only

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for your helpful replies, both on-list and off-list.
Several persons asked wether braille works. Yes, it works: I'm using
mutt thanks to my braille terminl to write this e-mail.

Regarding at-spi: I have installed the trunk version.
However, I am in trouble with the fact that several versions of Python
are installed on my machine. Initially, only Python 2.4 was installed,
so my guess is that Orca and the Python bindings for BrlAPI have been
compiled for this version of Python.
But, the command apt-get build-dep at-spi installed Python 2.5, so I
suspect that at-spi may have been compiled for Python2.5.

I assume it is important that all the components needed by orca (orca
itself, BrlAPI bindings, at-spi) need to use the same version of Python.
Is this assumption correct ? If it is, is there a command-line based way
to check that all the components actually use the same version of
Python ?

One last question regarding Gnome. Is Gnome version 2.22 required with
orca trunk, or is orca trunk supporting both Gnome 2.20 and 2.22 ?

Any help warmly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sébastien.