[orca-list] Orca in command line

Are there any plans to make Orca run when not using X Windows?  I really hope that there will be a day when one screen reader can work no matter if I choose to run the Gnome desktop or just need to run command line only.  I realize I can just do most all of it in the terminal but when compiling the kernel, or other software wouldn't it make more sense and wouldn't the computer do this more efficiently through pure command line?