Re: [orca-list] Videos of Orca in India, featuring Orca list member Krishnakant Mane

On 23 Feb, Peter Korn <Peter Korn Sun COM> wrote:
Earlier today I came across two YouTube videos about Orca use in the
State of Tamil Nadu in India, featuring our own Krishnakant Mane!

I recently started a Tamil language voice for eSpeak, but I haven't
received much feedback yet for improvements.  If anyone is interested
it's in the development version at:
http://espeak.sf.net/test/latest.html

The voice name for Tamil is "ta".

I expect to make a new release of eSpeak in a few days (will be version
1.32), which I hope will be accepted into Ubuntu "Hardy" for its April
release.  I'm not sure whether the Tamil voice is suitable for that
yet, but I may include so that someone may see it and be interested in
improving it.

If anyone has corrections, suggestions, or other comments for any of
the eSpeak language voices, please send them to me.  They can only
improve when speakers of the languages provide feedback (or updates to
the pronunciation data).