Re: [orca-list] Some speech-dispatcher questions

Am Mittwoch, den 20.02.2008, 17:02 -0500 schrieb Christopher Moore:
"I'd had a heck of a time trying to install python-speechd 0.6.5 from
Luke gutsy repository.  I got erros from python-central in the
post-install scripts.  The work around was to disable the calls to
python-central in the postinst and prerm scripts.  I'm not sure why
python-central complained, but it might have something to do with a
python-speechd
info file in the /usr/share/pycentral tree.  The file was probably
copied from version 0.6.3 without updating the file name."

Obviously the source package doesn't copy the files correctly:
In my /usr/share/pycentral/python-speechd/site-packages/speechd
directory, the files seem to belong to SD 0.6.3tested. (According to the
date).
So one could copy them manually, but what a hack! I think that, if
things work well, leave it as it is.
The trouble with py-central seems to result from the fact, that the
latest SD packages belong to Hardy; I had the same error messages.
Hermann